12 Simple Internet Business Tips
I have been doing the “Ultimate Digg Users Interview Series” for quite some time now and felt it needed a small break. Some time has passed when I last wrote my article for this site and today, decided to let my creativity flow.
Here are 12 Simple Internet Business Tips for you
1) Avoid any kind of internet MLM business schemes – The most important tip you need to follow before even thinking of starting up your internet business. Though one in a million of these businesses may be genuine, 99.9% of them are scams and as awareness grows, hardly anybody would involve themselves in such kind of stuff.
2) Try and deliver a product of real value – Though you can still make money off rehashed and rip-offs of other successful products, the strategy is likely to backfire in the long term. Also, avoid pay to click and pay to surf kind of websites to earn pennies. The only long term and stable way to make consistent profits is to provide strong value to your users.
3) Focus on your local market – Local products and services are still an unexplored niche in the Online Business world, especially in India and other third world countries. There may be many services you may be good at providing and there is a local demand too, but people are unable to locate you due to low exposure. The future of web business lies in how well you satisfy local demands with your web promoted services and products.
4) Treat your online business as a business and not as a hobby – You may be in love with 19th century history, but is there any market who is scouting for it? Always select a concept in which you have reasonable interest in and has a sizeable market, rather than an area for which you have a genuine love for but has a zero market value.
5) Don’t directly boot your day job for starting your internet business – The online market, especially in countries like India, is still at a nascent stage and directly taking the plunge is a little inadvisable. Instead focus on how you can manage to scoop in 3-4 hours to your website, while working at your daily job. Once you start earning as much as you do from your current job, boot it and start focusing on your business.
6) Keep expenses to a minimum – Besides a good, reliable PC and a speedy internet connection, the only real expenses you should encounter early on, are domain name registration charges and grabbing a good web hosting account.
7) Set small targets instead of a single big goal – Starting a new web business can be confusingly frustrating and overwhelming, especially at start, due to the plethora of information available on the net. Instead of reading the content, plan small actionable steps and start working NOW; soon you will have your nice little website ready to do business for you.
8) Replicate the steps of successful internet business owners – A very important internet business tip. However, the important thing to note here is to follow the person’s initial steps, rather than what he does now after his business became successful. There is an immense change the way a business functions at the startup level, and when it reaches some level of success.
9) Polish up your technical and writing skills, especially if you are low on budget and can’t afford to outsource these important activities.
10) Always have a unique flavour – This flavour can be provided as a free eBook download, choosing a punching writing style for your content, or conducting a contest for your visitors. The idea is to offer something unique that can prevent your visitors from clicking to another site offering similar services.
11) Don’t get trapped in focusing all your effort and energies on one aspect of the business – This is especially important if you are running your business alone and don’t have the budget yet to outsource. Focus your efforts equally over all the facets of the business.
12) Try to outsource all the aspects which you feel are cumbersome and time consuming if you can spare some money – Take for example, you are good at internet marketing, concentrate on getting maximum visibility to your site through your marketing efforts rather than producing second hand content (i.e. Outsource Building your content to someone) for your website.
Follow these simple internet business tips, and you are set right on your path to building a solid value providing business.